Monday, October 10, 2005

9/10/05

Well done! What a great trip! I am sure a lot of us will benefit when we get your "truth" that you have experienced. We have missed you greatly and I feel the same as the lady in Saskatchewan....that we can become parochial and out of touch with the rest of the country, that we want to hear what is happening and do care about others in places big and small. Many thanks to you and all the crew that make CBC radio an important part of our lives! Carry on bravely...

- Pat Martin, Vernon, BC

9/10/05

Shelagh...I deeply enjoy your website and especially the podcasts. I was back at College this September for the first time in 10 (plus) years and because I have never been a great college/university student, I had to largely tune out non-school life. I made it to my Victoria, B.C. picket line 3-4 times, twice with cookies I made. I emailed several politicians on a few occasions. And that was all the spare time I had to give. School is going fine but it is a precarious balance as one is always just one lecture/assignment/lab of a chance of getting behind and fogged on the workload. Given that I would have liked to have given more, especially go to the Victoria CBC benefit concert, I am ecstatic that the strike has ended. It is like the Montréal Canadians on TV and I used to feel that I had to keep watching the game or they would lose so a similar feeling transferred over to my beloved CBC. So as I was deep in my books hardly looking up, my CBC/SRC pulled it off thanks to the employees and their devoted fans....I am just listening to (the Fredericton podcast)... I have 83 or so of the various podcasts (and videos) from your website and Tod Maffin's (well done Tod!). It was an amazing labour strike. I do not think that the CBC/SRC knew what hit them! As someone said on a CBC unplugged podcast, labour strikes will never be the same again. Reminds me, I have to email the B.C. Teacher's Federation to see if they are planning any podcasts, or maybe they are already on it! (Editor's note: the B.C. teachers' union was planning labour action of its own at this writing)

...Positive feedback...For national unity, a stop in Montréal or the Eastern Townships of Québec would have been beneficial. It is a glaring omission. Did anybody else mention this? For those who love order like me, it would be great to name the various podcasts with a date (yyyymmdd format) on the website. As I mentioned my return to scholastics, I am behind on my CBC/SRC podcasts. I listened to the Tod Maffin with Arnold Amber to get somewhat current but mostly, I have been listening to the podcasts in chronological order...Interestingly, I never listened to your show from my home here in Victoria. Your time slot was not convenient for my lifestyle at the time: working and listening to Radio-Canada at work to get my French up. But interestingly, my year living in Québec (last year), I started listening to your show and loved it. Your voice is engaging and warm. I look forward to tuning in to you more now that I am back home in Victoria....Schooling aside, I am putting in effort to the B.C. school teacher's strike. I can do this one more since I am studying French and my children go to French (versus French Immersion) school. So, I support them on the line in French and get my French conversation practise. And hail to the CBC/SRC getting back to work to cover the historic strike of the B.C. school teachers. The news on TV is very tough without the CBC and SRC Vancouver. With CBC, I can leave the news on and not have to monitor it. With CH, Global, etc. , B.C. news that I want (means that) I have to hang close to the remote as if some buffoon like Don Cherry is going to spoil part of my day by bringing up banal things. This monitoring of the TV news cuts in to my cooking in the kitchen, a distance from the TV. So here's to TV that is much more worth watching!...and I have missed Rick Mercer's Monday Reports. Oh boy, Rick is going to have fun with the CBC strike. And missed my 0600 - 0900 Victoria CBC broadcast, my SRC Vancouver news on TV and radio, that Sunday 0900 -1200 or so news magazine, Anthony Germaine and The House. Those standout as my favourites and regulars. Canada is a better place with the CBC/SRC and it was paralytically sad to think that it could not come back. Someday, I would be well to put on a bumper sticker on my car and bicycle: "I vote CBC" and a(n) appropriate (French) translation. In solidarity...

- Douglas

08/10/05

Hello Shelagh, I just wanted to pass on my congratulations for the end of the lock out and a newcollective agreement for my friends at the CBC. I enjoyed very much meeting you in Fredericton, most of my friends were quite jealous when I returned back to classes and heard that I had met Shelagh Rogers. I’ve enjoyed reading your blog entries and listening to your pod casts over the past month or so. I think you were the ideal picketer and learned, from what I read in your blog entries, very much the same things that I did when I was on strike. For me the labour disruption at Aliant was a great opportunity for me to meet collogues and opened my eyes to what type of company they really were. I would like to say thank you very much for keeping my self and the CBC audience informed during the lock out, and for giving me a better appreciation of Canada. It must have been an amazing experience leaving the studio and hitting the roadto meet Canadians. I hope that you had a great experience and I can’t wait to hear younext week, the real Shelagh, on CBC Radio. Hope to see you on the East Coast again and Happy Thanksgiving!

- John O’Neill


32 Comments:

Blogger Emerald Web Hosting said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a hosting virtual web site. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.

We have business and personal web hosting packages. No setup fees. Low cost domain registration, SSL certificates, merchant accounts and web design.

Come and check it out if you get time.

1:26 PM  
Blogger gastips said...

Nice Blog! Its great how useful the internet can be with its wealth of information. I will try and visit you blog on a regular basis to help you out.

If you want any Gas Saving Tips feel free to visit north carolina gas prices

See ya soon.. :)

3:32 AM  
Blogger Johnjon said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about fast web hosting You should check it out sometime.

5:24 PM  
Blogger freenanoipod said...

I did not realise that blogs could be so informative. I have been browsing and reading all day -- Very addictive.

I am going to set up a blog for my own site ipod nano! I have a lot to of information to share. The link to read should be
live soon. If you have an interest in the ipod nano I would love to hear what you think of my site :-)

1:09 PM  
Blogger sdRay said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love custom car speaker box then you will want to be there! All kinds of custom car speaker box will be in attendance. For more information go to custom car speaker box
See Ya There!!

2:05 PM  
Blogger tipsonrelationships said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about work from home based business in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about work from home based business.
Thank you
TWP Admin

6:31 PM  
Blogger clicking4man said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about web hosting package in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about web hosting package.
Thank you
TWP Admin

3:53 AM  
Blogger Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a fast web hosting site/blog. It pretty much covers fast web hosting related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8:04 PM  
Blogger tipsonrelationships said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about dedicated web hosting in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about dedicated web hosting.
Thank you
TWP Admin

4:09 PM  
Blogger lovetips2006 said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about search engine placement in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about search engine placement.
Thank you
TWP Admin

6:11 PM  
Blogger TWPAdmin said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about rank seo traffic in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about rank seo traffic.
Thank you
TWP Admin

12:43 AM  
Blogger lovetips2006 said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about search engine marketing service in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about search engine marketing service.
Thank you
TWP Admin

11:13 PM  
Blogger officialloversguide said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about search engine marketing service in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about search engine marketing service.
Thank you
TWP Admin

7:18 AM  
Blogger betterlovemaking said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about professional web site hosting in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about professional web site hosting.
Thank you
TWP Admin

7:33 AM  
Blogger officialloversguide said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about web hosting provider in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about web hosting provider.
Thank you
TWP Admin

9:24 PM  
Blogger freenanoipod said...

Want a free ipod nano? visit free ipod nano

7:20 PM  
Blogger BigVern said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a domain name web hosting site/blog. It pretty much covers domain name web hosting related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8:06 AM  
Blogger lindaweaverfamily said...

It's about that time of the year again! I found a good place to get the buying a snow blower for cheap... But there are times of the year that I think it would just be easier to live in Florida.

9:30 PM  
Blogger LongDistanceConnector said...

Greatest Blog Post. Please visit this site on free internet long distance call
free internet long distance call

6:58 PM  
Blogger Emerald Web Hosting said...

Hello,

Just thought I would check out your blog.
I am new to blogging. I hope you don't mind me posting to your blog. If you are interested in checking out my blog and making a post that would be great.

I have a business company hosting small web site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.


Thanks,
Ed

2:43 PM  
Blogger D.C. Bowns said...

Hi Shelagh, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on free wedding planning book when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for free wedding planning book. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about free wedding planning book at the site above.

3:43 PM  
Blogger D.C. Bowns said...

Hi Shelagh, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on free wedding planning book I somehow ended up on your page. As your this post is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about free wedding planning book, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hi Blogger, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on planning quick wedding I somehow ended up on your page. As your this post is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about planning quick wedding, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hi Shelagh, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on uk wedding planning when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for uk wedding planning. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about uk wedding planning at the site above.

9:38 AM  
Blogger D.C. Bowns said...

Hi Shelagh...Wow! While I was searching for info on planning a wedding on a small budget I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for planning a wedding on a small budget. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about planning a wedding on a small budget.

10:15 PM  
Blogger D.C. Bowns said...

Hi there Shelagh, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on catholic wedding planning I ended up on your page. Obviously this post is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for catholic wedding planning. Should the need ever arise where you need information on catholic wedding planning then drop by for a look.

11:10 PM  
Blogger D.C. Bowns said...

Hi there Shelagh, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on uk wedding planning I ended up on your page. Obviously this post is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for uk wedding planning. Should the need ever arise where you need information on uk wedding planning then drop by for a look.

7:46 AM  
Blogger James Baker said...

Hi, Fellow!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a youth job corp
site. It pretty much covers youth job corp related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I honestly must say this is one of the most useful blogs I have ever come across. I am not just saying that to butter you up! I am doing my thesis paper for my master degrees and spent the last 12 hours (and 10 cups of coffee) researching this area topic. So many blogs have generic information but yours is different. I can actually apply some of this information to my works. No worries I will give you credit in my references. I took it upon myself to add you to my favorites and will visit back to let you know how my grade ends up. Many thanks!web hosting review.

4:02 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hi there Shelagh, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on uk wedding planning I ended up on your page. Obviously this post is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for uk wedding planning. Should the need ever arise where you need information on uk wedding planning then drop by for a look.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Hi Shelagh, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on wedding planning tool, I ended up on your page. Your this post shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about wedding planning tool.

4:05 AM  
Blogger webmaster said...

As a top-rated company in the world of ecommerce, Infyecommercesolution has carved out a niche for itself and with the ecommerce solution provided by the company receiving accolades from clients all over the world, it has, in the true sense of the word, grown up to be a top-notch outsourcing software development company. For details on all the services provided by the company, visit http://www.infyecommercesolution.com.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home